Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tec course at Pro Dive Mexico

Monday morning was the final dive of the PADI TEC 40 Course. The student (Goretty) and her instructor (Course Director Anders) set out for on a sunny day with calm seas, to complete the graduation dive of the course.
3 days of skill practice and training dives, led up to this great moment.


Dive site was set for Punta Toro and its famous Cantil wall. The cantill is were the barrier reef ends and the bottom drops from about 35m to 400meters!
Diving on this edge is absolutely and amazing experience.
Conditions were great, and the strong currents were expected as usual:-) On the 40meter dive we encountered rays and some lion fish,
but the highlight of this dive site is the sponges (some 5 feet tall) that grow sideways, due to the northern current.


Quote from Goretty:
"My course was amazing!! I had such a good time and I really felt comfortable with the pace and skills of the course. We did different dives doing the 3 day course, but the best was Punta Toro:-)
I can’t wait to come back for my TEC 45 and 50, and who knows maybe one day also my Trimix Course. My instructor (Anders) really took time to explain me in details how the theory and skills work to dive comfortable TEC.
Hopefully I will be back soon."

If you want to know more about TEC diving, please check out www.idcmexico.com/tec.php for more information and schedule.

See also all the photos from the course here


Sometime one tank is just not enough :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment